International Baccalaureate Diploma
The International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP) is an academically challenging programme which prepares students for university and future life challenges. The IBDP course provides a balanced, academically rigorous curriculum that develops the skills, abilities and work habits needed for success in university. Core components including Creativity, Action, Service (CAS), Extended Essay (EE) and Theory of Knowledge (TOK) foster qualities essential to good global citizenship and help to create lifelong learners with strong critical thinking skills.
We welcome applications to the first year (DP1) of the two-year IBDP course.
The application period for the IBDP Year 1 (DP1) for AY2020/21 has closed on 15 October 2020. Guaranteed assessments will be offered to the applications received on or before 15 October 2020.
Applications received between 16 October 2020 and 15 February 2021 will be reviewed by the Admissions Panel before being invited for admissions assessments. Applications received after 15 February 2021 will only be considered if a suitable school place surfaces.
Applicants who are Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents relocating to Hong Kong may still apply after 15 February 2021, however, admissions assessments are subjected to the availability of school places.
Applications for IBDP Year 1 are welcome from 1 September 2020 to 15 October 2021. Guaranteed assessments will be offered to the applications received on or before 15 October 2021.
Applicants who are Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents relocating to Hong Kong may still apply after 15 October 2021, however, admissions are subjected to the availability of school places.
Applicants who apply after the application deadline of 15 October 2021 and are not Singapore citizens or permanent residents will be invited for admissions assessments only if a suitable school place surfaces.
Applications for IBDP Year 1 are welcome from 1 September 2021 to 15 October 2022. Guaranteed assessments will be offered to the applications received on or before 15 October 2022.
The application period and assessment dates are currently under review. Please submit your applications as early as possible, preferably by 15 October 2022.
- Submit an online application along with the necessary supporting documents before the application deadline
- Attend the admissions assessment as per the allocated schedule
- All correspondence regarding admissions/results will be notified via email
Supporting Documents Checklist
The following documents should be submitted with the online application form in order to be deemed as a complete application:
- Applicant’s most recent two years’ school reports, if applicable
- Applicant’s recent passport-sized photograph
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Applicant’s passport
- Applicant’s valid Hong Kong visa, if applicable
- Applicant’s Hong Kong identity card, if applicable
- Applicant’s valid Singapore re-entry permit, if applicable
- Both parents’ passports
- Both parent’s Hong Kong identity cards, if applicable
- Both parent’s Singapore re-entry permits, if applicable
- A non-refundable application fee of HK$2,500
- Applicants will undergo written assessments in English, Chinese and Mathematics
- The assessment will take approximately three hours to complete
- All assessments are conducted at the school’s premises
- Assessments are usually conducted between mid-November and early-December in the year before the applicant is due to start. Subject to the availability of places, the school may organise additional assessments.