Education and Career Guidance Counsellor, will be part of our University Counselling Team to provide university counselling services to students in Grades 7 – 12.
The Guidance Counsellor should:
- Possess a good understanding of the university admission processes and the higher education (HE) landscape for multiple countries, especially the US and the UK, standardised testing, and information technology systems and data that support HE guidance
- Provide guidance for students on preparing a curriculum vitae, portfolio, writing a personal statement/application essays, and preparing for an interview
- Advise and guide students through the applications process
- Invite, schedule, and host HE representatives
- Compile information and prepare emails to inform parents and students about talks, programmes and HE fairs held internally and externally
- Organise the school’s annual HE Fair
- Organise HE information sessions/seminars for Grades 7 – 12 parents and students about university applications process, and university life
- Liaise with HE institutions regarding submission of required documents, as required
- Write references to support applications, as required
- Provide guidance and support for teachers in writing references
- Update the High School Academic Profile and HE Guide Book for Parents and Students
- Develop and update Education and Career Guidance (ECG) resources
- Match students with companies based on interests and strengths for the work attachment programme
- Education: Bachelor Degree
- Previous experience in Higher Education counselling role
Competitive remuneration and benefits will be offered to the suitable candidate.
Interested parties, please send a cover letter, detailed resume including availability, present and expected salary either by email to email@example.com or by post to the Vice Principal (Secondary Section) at 2 Police School Road Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.