For the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at SISHK, in addition to fulfilling the core components (TOK, EE and CAS), all students will study the following subjects (one from each):
- Group 1 : Language and Literature
- Group 2 : Language Acquisition
- Group 3: Individuals and Societies
- Group 4 : Sciences
- Group 5 : Mathematics
- Group 6 : Arts
There are some exceptions to the above rule:
- If a student chooses two subjects from Group 1, they can omit a subject in Group 2. In this case, they will qualify for the IB Bilingual Diploma if they do well in these subjects.
- A student can choose to replace a subject in Group 6 with a choice from either Group 3 or 4.
- A student must at least offer Chinese B HL or higher if he/she has achieved a high level of proficiency in Chinese language education at the IGCSE examinations. In this case, he/she can choose to offer Chinese B HL as the fourth HL subject.
IBDP Subject Choices
These are the subject that are currently offered in the school. The class confirmation is subjected to the demand of a subject class (with at least 3 students choosing to offer the subject and the level).
|Group 1: Language and Literature||
|Group 2: Language Acquisition||
|Group 3: Individuals and Societies||
|Group 4: Sciences||
|Group 5: Mathematics||
|Group 6: The Arts||
Note: The class is only confirmed if there are at least 3 students who are offering the level and subject.