Head of Department / Human Resources is responsible to formulate and implement the HR strategic plan, policies and practices to ensure that the School attracts and retains high caliber staff. The scope of the role includes, but not limited to, oversight of the staff recruitment, contract and exit management, reward strategy, performance management, training and development, employee engagement, change management and HR information system to align HR strategies with SISHK’s mission, vision, values and operational objectives. He / she will also lead the HR department to provide the full spectrum of HR functions and ensure its operational efficiency.
- Develop HR strategies in alignment with School’s mission, vision and values.
- Lead and manage recruitment strategies and practices to ensure a smooth and efficient operation of the recruitment, selection and appointment of suitable applicants.
- Lead the ongoing compensation & benefits analysis and benchmarking, making recommendations, when appropriate, to enhance the school’s competitiveness to attract, retain and motivate staff while ensuring cost efficiencies and internal equity throughout the School.
- Review and streamline HR systems, processes and practices for operational efficiency.
- Oversee matters related to employment contracts for teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Manage training and development of support staff and provide administrative assistance for the professional development of teachers.
- Oversee the Monthly Payroll to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Prepare HR reports for the Principal and Board of Governors in a timely and accurately manner.
- Provide support to the Principal and Vice Principals in the Performance Appraisal process for all staff.
- Provide direct support to VP Academics for all HR matters relating to academic staff.
- Ensure timely updates of the Staff Handbook and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirement and relevant employment ordinances.
- Manage the annual insurance review for employee benefits program such as medical insurance, medical checks, etc) to ensure positive employee experience.
- Coordinate overall School Induction Programme and conduct HR Orientation for new staff.
- Any other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or his designates.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Degree or above in Human Resources Management or relevant discipline
- Minimum 15 years of work experience in human resources management with at least 5 years hands-on experience in managerial role
- Those with lesser experience will be considered for a Senior Manager position
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Well versed in Hong Kong Employment Ordinance, Education Bureau and Labour Department requirements
- Proven knowledge and experience of the HR function, experience in the education sector desired
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ability to exercise confidentiality
- Customer oriented and a professional approach to internal and external stakeholders at all times
- Strategic mindset with a hand-on approach
- Self-motivated with good sense of responsibility
Competitive remuneration and benefits will be offered to suitable candidates.
Interested parties, please send a cover letter, detailed resume including availability, present and expected salary by email to email@example.com.
All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.