Key Responsibilities and Duties
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified mathematics teacher who is a creative and committed individual of high calibre to join our dynamic mathematics department. The person should look forward to delivering the highest quality of learning in a stimulating, happy and safe environment.
At the School, we sincerely believe that all subject teachers are role models of character and values. Their work extends beyond the subject classroom. As such, the person can look forward to engaging students in character and values education, as well as participating in our vibrant student leadership culture in the school.
Within the Mathematics Department, you are joining a team who takes pride in ensuring every student is eligible to sit for IGCSE Additional Mathematics (0606) and working towards maintaining a track record of at least 70% distinction grades in the last ten years at IGCSE. This is followed by a similar trend in the IB Diploma Programme where a significant group of students go on to take Higher Level Mathematics.
Other duties include form-teachership work where you will partner with a teacher to tutor a form class by leading the Pastoral Care (PC) lessons as well as be the point of contact between the school and the families. Other pastoral care duties include leading or managing after-school clubs/activities.
Qualities of the Applicant
- Believes that every child is mouldable and teachable
- Willing to go the extra-mile for the child
- Collaborate well with colleagues in the Mathematics department on curriculum, curriculum resources, pedagogy and assessment related work
- Work well with students and parents by providing constant verbal and written feedback
- Possess at least an undergraduate Honours Degree in Mathematics and a recognized teacher certification, i.e. Bachelor of Education, Postgraduate Diploma in Education or equivalent. A postgraduate degree in Mathematics or Statistics is preferred
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience in Singapore-styled mathematics curriculum and teaching IGCSE Mathematics, and Additional Mathematics
- Proficient in the use of technology in the mathematics classroom with tools such as GeoGebra and Texas Instruments CX graphing calculator.
- Proficient in managing online lessons with the use of apps such as Zoom, Google Classroom Suite applications
- Experience in teaching high-achievers in Mathematics
- Experience in teaching a diverse group of students in a classroom
Competitive remuneration and benefits will be offered to the suitable candidate.
Interested parties, please send a cover letter, detailed resume including availability, present and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.