The School is looking to recruit an energetic and dynamic university counsellor to join the University Counselling team in August 2022. At Singapore International School (Hong Kong), all of our students go on to Higher Education. Two thirds matriculate to universities abroad with the remaining choosing to study in Hong Kong universities.
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a strong understanding of the university admission processes and the global higher education (HE) landscape for multiple countries, especially the US and the UK. Attend external meetings and conferences as appropriate and remain current on changes in this landscape.
- Advise and guide students through all stages of the university search and application process. Provide individualized, 1-on-1 guidance for students on tasks such as preparing a curriculum vitae or portfolio, writing personal statements and application essays, and preparing for interviews.
- Deliver the school’s UC curriculum (workshops, seminars, etc.) to students in Grades 10-12 and engage in the continuous review and revision process for this curriculum.
- Develop and facilitate similar events for other groups of stakeholders, particularly parents.
- Foster and deepen relationships with HE institutions, and invite, schedule, and host visits from HE representatives. Organise the school’s annual HE Fair.
- Compile information and prepare notifications to inform parents and students about talks, programmes and fairs held internally and externally.
- Write references to support university applications and provide guidance and support for teachers in writing references.
- Be comfortable using Cialfo – the school’s application management system – and train students to make effective use of this resource.
- Update the SISHK School Profile, UC Handbooks for parents and students, and similar key documents.
- Develop and update Education and Career Guidance (ECG) resources, especially for Secondary One to Three (equivalent to Grades 7 to 9)
- Match students with companies based on interests and strengths for the work attachment programme
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Education, or
- Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
Competitive remuneration and benefits will be offered to the suitable candidate.
Interested parties, please send a cover letter, detailed resume including availability, present and expected salary by email to email@example.com .Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.