The Singapore International School Foundation Limited (SISF) Ng Teng Fong Merit Scholarship, awarded on the basis of merit, aims to provide financial scholarships to students irrespective of means to receive a quality Singapore-styled education at Singapore International School (Hong Kong) [SISHK]. The scholarship is provided by the sponsoring body of the school, SISF.
The School was set up by the Ministry of Education (Singapore) with the vision of a vibrant community of learners striving for excellence and the aim to provide a holistic education to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people through a rigorous bilingual programme, intercultural understanding and respect.
The School offers a “through-train” education to students from Preparatory Year (4 years old) through to Pre-University Levels. SISF has established funds to award this scholarship annually to outstanding Hong Kong local students to diversify and enrich the school community.
Please join us for an admissions webinar session by clicking on the Zoom link to register for the session.
|SISF Ng Teng Fong Merit Scholarship for Secondary Section Applicants|
|Date||Time||Zoom Registration Link|
|Thu, 20 Jan 2022||4:00pm – 5:00pm||Scholarship Webinar Registration (20 Jan 2022)|
Students applying for the Scholarship must satisfy the following criteria:
- Currently studying in a local school (HKDSE school) in Hong Kong
- Entering Secondary One to Three or First year of IBDP in Academic Year 2022/23
- Displaying excellent performance in both academic and non-academic areas
- Demonstrating leadership ability and positive mind-set
- Showing resilience and good character traits
- Extensive involvement in community services
SISHK reserves the right to award or not to award any scholarship as it shall think fit.
The awardees of the Scholarship will be exempted from application fees, debenture, capital levies and all tuition fees for an entire academic year subject to an awardee’s continuing eligibility to hold the scholarship.
The Scholarship will also include full or partial subsidies for the following for the whole secondary education until graduation at the end of the IBDP, subject to continual good conduct and satisfactory performance in examinations each year to be determined solely by SISHK:
- Textbooks, uniform, laptop, lunch, local transportation allowance;
- Field trips and co-curriculum activities; and
- Fees for permitted public examination (e.g. International General Certificate of Secondary Education and IBDP)
- Complete the scholarship application form
- Submit it along with the necessary supporting documents to:
Ng Teng Fong Merit Scholarship
23 Nam Long Shan Road,
Aberdeen, Hong Kong
- Suitable applicants will be shortlisted for a panel interview and written test. Those who do not receive a written
reply from SISHK will be considered as unsuccessful. Successful applicants will be notified in writing together
with the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
For more information about the scholarship, please contact the Admissions Team at 2870 6880 or email
Start date for applications: 15 September 2021
Closing date for applications: 15 February 2022
Notification: 28 February 2022
Written test : Early March 2022
Panel Interview: Late March 2022
Notification of result: Mid April 2022