In SISHK we encourage our students to lead a healthy and balanced lifestyle by offering a large selection of sports, both for competitive and social participation. Taking part in sports can also help our students to develop psychologically and socially. Students learn to face challenges together while strengthening their team by learning from each other’s mistakes and successes. The school also holds annual sporting activities such as the Swimming Carnival for the Lower Primary students, the Swim Meet for the upper primary and secondary students, and Sports Days across the different sections of the school. Our competitive teams participate in tournaments and sports leagues by International Schools Sports Federation Hong Kong (ISSFHK), Hong Kong Schools Sports Federation (HKSSF) and other organisations. For students who wish to play for fun or wish to try out something completely new, we offer sports interest teams. This is also a great way for students to learn a new sport while making friends who are enthusiastic about the same activities!
Sports Available in SISHK
Badminton、Basketball、Cross Country、Gymnastics、Netball、Soccer、Swimming、Table Tennis、Volleyball、Wushu
Note: This is a sample of CCAs available at SISHK and some CCAs may only be available for students in some sections.
2018/19 Sporting Achievements
Students who enjoy the challenges of their sport and wish to develop their sporting skills to the next level can choose to represent the school in sports tournaments. The school encourages our students’ participation in sporting tournaments and all this is made possible with our parents supporting their children’s sporting pursuits.
Some of the sporting achievements for Academic Year 2018/19 include:
International Schools Sports Federation, Hong Kong (ISSFHK)
- Champion in 50M Freestyle and Breaststoke by U20 Girls
- Champion in 200M Breaststoke by U14 Boys
- Gold in Football District 2 by U14 Boys
- Gold in Volleyball District 2 by U16 Girls
- Sliver in Volleyball District 2 by U16 Boys
- Sliver in Volleyball District 2 by U14 Girls
- 3rd in 50M Breaststoke by U14 Boys
Hong Kong Schools Sports Federation (HKSSF)
- Champion in Squash by Boys C Grade
- 2nd in 50M Breaststroke by U14 Girls
- 2nd in 100M Breaststroke by U14 Boys and Girls
- 2nd in Table Tennis by U20 Boys