For the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at SISHK, in addition to fulfilling the core components (TOK, EE and CAS), all students will study the following subjects (one from each):
- Group 1 : Language and Literature
- Group 2 : Language Acquisition
- Group 3: Individuals and Societies
- Group 4 : Sciences
- Group 5 : Mathematics
- Group 6 : Arts
There are some exceptions to the above rule:
- If a student chooses two subjects from Group 1, they can omit a subject in Group 2. In this case, they will qualify for the IB Bilingual Diploma if they do well in these subjects.
- A student can choose to replace a subject in Group 6 with a choice from either Group 3 or 4.
- With a strong proficiency of Chinese Language before IBDP, the student can select Spanish ab initio SL if the student does not want to continue with Chinese language studies at IBDP. Alternatively, the student can choose to pursue Chinese B HL as the fourth HL subject.
These are the subject that are currently offered in the school. The class confirmation is subjected to the demand of a subject class (with at least 3 students choosing to offer the subject and the level).
Please click on the links for a more detailed description of each course.
|Group 1: Language and Literature|
|Group 2: Language Acquisition|
|Group 3: Individuals and Societies|
|Group 4: Sciences|
|Group 5: Mathematics|
|Group 6: The Arts|
Note: The class is only confirmed if there are at least 3 students who are offering the level and subject.