The University Counselling team, together with Form Teachers and Diploma Programme (DP) Mentors, provide guidance and organise activities for our students as part of the Education and Career Guidance Programme.
Students can expect guidance on three levels in relation to deciding and progressing to the next stage of their lifelong learning journey. Support provided by the school includes:
- Personal guidance for Diploma students on university counselling matters such as course and university selection and application processes, review of personal statement and application essay and mock interviews.
- One-on-one meetings with University Counsellors if additional guidance is required
Group / Interest-Based
- Group sessions for students with similar interests: university talks and workshops by university admissions teams, taster lectures by university professors, and seminars on pursuing higher education in various regions around the world are organised throughout the year.
- Alumni sharing sessions: alumni are invited to share their first-hand experience in course selection, university application processes, admissions interviews, college subject tests, and university life.
- Information on external talks and information days
Cohort and School-Wide
- Annual Higher Education Fair: brings together universities admissions teams from around the world to SISHK.
- UC seminars and ‘how-to’ workshops: includes topics such as ‘How to draft a good personal statement / application essay’, ‘How to prepare for interviews’, ‘How to prepare my resume and portfolio’ for S3 – DP2 students