The University Counselling (UC) team, together with Form Teachers and Diploma Programme (DP) Mentors, provide guidance and organise activities for our students as part of the Education and Career Guidance Programme.
The UC team emphasises three key themes and offers three levels of programming and support for students along their university search and application journey.
Knowledge – building awareness and understanding of career options, higher education pathways and individual universities to ensure students can make fully informed decisions about their futures
Skills – empowering students by developing a range of attributes such as self-awareness, independence, ownership, decision-making, and effective written and verbal communication
Mindset – promoting the belief that students have the ability to positively impact their future through active engagement, short and long-term planning, and a combination of aspirational, balanced and realistic thinking.
Three levels of support
– Advice on subject combination choices for rising IBDP students
– Personal statement review and feedback sessions
– Mock interviews
Group / Interest-based
– University talks and taster lectures
– Workshop for prospective medicine, dentistry and veterinary applicants
– Overview of the US college admissions process
Cohort and Schoolwide
– SISHK’s annual Higher Education Fair
– Alumni sharing sessions
– Comparison of university systems around the world
– CV/resume workshop