The Singapore International School Foundation Limited (SISF) Ng Teng Fong Scholarship, awarded on the basis of merit, aims to provide financial scholarships to students irrespective of means to receive a quality Singapore-styled education at Singapore International School (Hong Kong) (SISHK).
The scholarship is provided by the sponsoring body of the school, Singapore International School Foundation (SISF). This was set up by the Ministry of Education (Singapore) with the vision of a vibrant community of learners striving for excellence and the aim to provide a holistic education to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people through a rigorous bilingual programme, intercultural understanding and respect.
The school offers a “through-train” education to students from Preparatory Year (4 years old) through to Pre-University Levels. SISF has established funds to award this scholarship annually to outstanding Hong Kong local students to diversify and enrich the school community.
Students applying for the Scholarship must satisfy the following criteria:
- Currently studying in a public school in Hong Kong
- Entering Secondary One to Three or First year of IBDP in Academic Year 2020/21
- Displaying excellent performance in both academic and non-academic areas
- Demonstrating leadership ability and positive mind-set
- Showing resilience and good character traits
- Extensive involvement in community services
SISHK reserves the right to award or not to award any scholarship as it shall think fit.
The awardees of the Scholarship will be exempted from application fees, debenture, capital levies and all tuition fees for an entire academic year subject to an awardee’s continuing eligibility to hold the scholarship.
The Scholarship will also include full or partial subsidies for the following for the whole secondary education until graduation at the end of the IBDP, subject to continual good conduct and satisfactory performance in examinations each year to be determined solely by SISHK:
- Textbooks, uniform, laptop, lunch, local transportation allowance;
- Field trips and co-curriculum activities; and
- Fees for permitted public examination (e.g. International General Certificate of Secondary Education and IBDP)
Application Timeline for AY2020/21 Entry
Start date for applications: 16 October 2019
Closing date for applications: 15 February 2020
Screening test and panel interview: End of February and Early March 2020
Release of result: May 2020
- Download application form here
- Complete the Scholarship application form and submit it in a sealed envelope marked “2020/21 Ng Teng Fong Merit Scholarship” to SISHK at 2 Police School Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong, together with photocopies of the following
- Birth certificate or passport and HKID card,
- Hong Kong school reports of the latest two school years,
- Any other information to demonstrate excellent academic and/or non-academic records, and
- Letter of support from current principal or form teacher
- (if applicable) Applicants with special circumstances and/or hardship may write separately with supporting documents to SISHK for consideration when making the application.
Suitable applicants will be shortlisted for screening tests and a panel interview. Those who do not receive a written reply from SISHK by end of May 2020 will be considered as unsuccessful. Successful applicants will be notified in writing together with the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
For more information about the Scholarship, please contact the Admissions Team at 2870 6880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org